Believe...that all thing are possible with God.
Dream... of the endless possibilities of Gods power.
Imagine... what God could do through you!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Take the water and thirst no more

     Remember the old Calgon commercials where the lady is having a bad day and she says, "take me away Calgon."  Next we see her in this nice bubble bath relaxing.  As a mother of 5, there have been many days I wish I had a big tub so I could say, "Calgon take me away." Instead I watch a movie or go shopping at the resale store.  I think it important as a mother, wife and friend to take a few minutes each day to do something for yourself, but its even more essential to take time out for God.  He can refresh like no other can.
Take a look and see how the Lord brought refreshment to the women at the well...

    JN 4:10 Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."
    JN 4:13 Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
    JN 4:15 The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water so that I won't get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water."
                   The Samaritian women was really shocked to have this Jewish man speak to her, not only was she a hated Samaritan but she was adulterious women, who could only come at noon, (the hottest part of the day), just to avoid the other women in the village and their nasty glares.  Jesus didn't just speak to her, but He offered her the one thing she needed most in her life...Himself.  When she finally relaized who He was, she ran to tell everyone else in the village.  Something she could not, nor would she do if it hadn't been for Jesus refreshing her soul with His truth.  Not only can we be refreshed by Jesus, but we also can refresh others when we come to Him.      
    John 7: 38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."   We can tell others, like the women at the well, about our Messiah and how He gives water that never runs dry.  He is our refreshment, He is our Calgon!

No comments:

Post a Comment